Monday, June 4, 2012

THE Fudge Brownies

oh yes, please.

Back in the days of gestational diabetes, I think I dreamed about these brownies.  I have the most fond memories of eating them at my best friend Kelly's house,  coupled with a generous serving of vanilla ice-cream. Mine never quite turn out looking as pretty, but the fudge sauce that sits atop the brownies makes up for it.

1 box of brownie mix (follow the directions on the box). One of these days, I'll try my own batch of homemade brownies. I happen to have it on good authority that The Pioneer Woman's Mocha Brownies are pretty amazing.


Fudge Topping:

One stick butter
4 TBSP cocoa powder
6 TBSP milk
1 box confectioner’s sugar

Melt one stick of butter over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and milk. Bring to a boil. Add the powdered sugar. Stir and remove from heat.

Pour the hot fudge topping over the brownies. Allow the fudge to set, and then serve with vanilla ice cream.

Note: I usually put the pan of cooled brownies in the fridge to help set the fudge sauce. Or, we love to heat them really hot and gooey before the fudge has fully set.


Recipe from Kelly Ashburn

No comments:

Post a Comment