Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pesto.

Summer = pesto. 


Here's the first batch this year thanks to the tried and true Joy of Cooking! I wish I could say that the basil was home grown, but at least it's fresh. This pesto looks a little "blonde" if you ask me, so I may have too "loosely" packed the basil? Fortunately, it still tasted great despite its pale complexion. 


Combine the following in the food processor:
2 c fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
1/3 c pine nuts
2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
While processing, add approximately 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil. 


Season with salt and pepper to taste.


Our favorite uses of pesto: as a sandwich spread, on pasta, on pizza, and smeared on toasted bread with melted feta or goat cheese...


Stores for about a week in an airtight container in the fridge, or so they say. It's never lasted that long at our house. 


Maybe, just maybe this took me 10 minutes?







No comments:

Post a Comment