Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Pasta with Chicken

Lest you think I'm a vegetarian...there is chicken in this dish. I promise.

1 small box cherry tomatoes
1 large cucumber
6 carrots
2 boxes whole wheat pasta
3 chicken breasts, cooked (I boiled the chicken with salt and pepper the night before)
1 green pepper
1 8 oz. block mozzarella, cubed
1 bottle Italian dressing + 1 Good Seasons Italian dressing packet (prepared)... so basically, Italian dressing to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Chop all the veggies, cheese, and your chicken into bite-sized pieces. Combine pasta, chicken, and veggies in a large bowl and marinate in the bottle of Italian dressing for at least an hour or two.

Add the cheese just before serving.

Serves: 10-ish

When I pulled this out of the fridge to taste it again before serving, it definitely needed more pop, and I was out of bottled dressing. I did, however, have seasoning packets for Italian seasonings dressing in the pantry.


No comments:

Post a Comment